Friday, July 24, 2020

Are We There Yet? by Pattie Frampton


Please welcome Pattie Frampton to the Seriously Write Team! We’re thrilled to have her. As a “Regular Contributor,” Pattie will share encouragement on the fourth Friday of the month. ~ Dawn 

I’m Pattie and I’m looking forward to spending time with you! It’s truly an honor to be here and have this opportunity to share and learn and grow. I have some big shoes to fill, but I’ll do my best to keep you entertained and motivated as we journey on our writing paths together. 


Are We There Yet? 

I’m an impatient person. I want things now. Isn’t the world we live in set up for such things? Where you can send an email or a text to someone anywhere in the world and get a response back in a matter of seconds? Speak the name of a show or movie into your voice remote and it appears on your tv screen? Order something online and have it delivered to your house the next day? Or my favorite; buy an eBook and have it show up on my tablet immediately.

The world is set up for instant gratification.

It is no different with my writing. The idea of spending months upon months writing something that can be read in a matter of hours seems exhausting, doesn’t it? Like pushing a boulder up a mountain. Just like with anything you want done well, it takes time, patience, skill and divine intervention. It takes prayer, patience, practice, and persistence.

It has become a practice to have a ‘word of the year’. A couple years ago, I ended up with five of them. Prayer. Purpose. Diligence. Self-discipline. Grind. I wrote them in my planner each week where I could see them at a glance. (Prayer was always first and grind was in all caps.) Each word came from a scripture or motivational quote I’d found.

Did they work?

No. Because I forgot one very important word. Plan. I didn’t have a plan. Or in some cases, I had too many.

I’m sure you’ve heard the saying, “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”

What is a plan if not a map to where you want to go? Like being on a trip, where someone will inevitably shout from the backseat, “Are we there yet?”

Have you ever packed way more for your journey because you weren’t sure what you would need? To this I say…trust the process. We all have one. I too easily follow someone else’s process because they make it look easy. And it is. For them.

But for me, there is one way. My way. But make no mistake, God is the true master of my plan. It is His plan. I have to learn to trust His process. Have faith. Relax and enjoy the journey. It’s not about the destination. There is a lot to learn along the way.

It may take me some time to get where I want to go. There is nothing wrong with that. There are many writers who are publishing up to six books a year, maybe more. This is not me. This is not my process.

Not my journey. And maybe it’s not yours either.

It won’t be instant, but the gratification will be huge.

Take a deep breath with me. Tell yourself the work will get done. After all, if God has called us, He will equip us. It is all in His time and His plan. Rest assured, we are all on the same highway wondering, “Are we there yet?”


Relax and enjoy the journey. It’s not about the destination. There is a lot to learn along the way. #seriouslywrite #encouragementforwriters via @lovesportslove

Take a deep breath with me. Tell yourself the work will get done. After all, if God has called us, He will equip us. #seriouslywrite #encouragementforwriters via @lovesportslove




Repossessing Christmas

A public man hiding from his pain.

Major league shortstop Max Southerton returns home each offseason to drive a tow truck for his uncle. Here he finds solace with his faith and the only family he has left. While repossessing a car, he meets a tenacious young woman down on her luck, and his heart starts yearning for something he shouldn’t want and doesn’t deserve.

A private woman outrunning an ugly past.

After four years in prison, Jenner Kincaid is starting her life over with a second shift job and God on her side. While her optimism outweighs her fortunes, she’s convinced it’s enough until she meets a stubborn tow truck driver who won’t take no for an answer. Can a moment of God’s grace bring two guarded hearts together?

As their friendship grows and hearts entangle, Jenner comes face to face with her greatest mistake. Can she let Max go before her past destroys him? 



Pattie Frampton is a tea drinker living in the coffee capital of the world. Married for over thirty years, she is the mother of four children and soon-to-be grandmother of two. When she’s not penning Christian romance, because who doesn’t love a happily-ever-after, she is the family genealogist, an award-winning quilter, and a rescue dog mom.

Her first book, a Christmas novella, was released in Oct. 2017. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Northwest Christian Writer’s Association and Novel Academy.

You can find Pattie at:

Author Website: www.pattieframpton.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PattieFramptonAuthor

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/

Twitter @lovesportslove

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36366969-repossessing-christmas?ac=1&from_search=true&qid=td73e8J9mz&rank=1

Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Pattie-Frampton/e/B07647R2WS/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0