Monday, April 23, 2018

Teamwork Makes the Dream Work by Mary Manners


Teamwork Makes the Dream Work

by

Mary Manners

 

One of the greatest things about writing is that there is always something new to learn. As a former student, then a teacher and principal, I have spent the first half (okay...perhaps a wee bit more than half) of my life in a literal classroom. Now, I am happy to say that I spend my days in a virtual classroom, happily writing and soaking up every bit of information I can find about the publishing trade. One of my most inspiring lessons to date has been the value of teamwork.
 
No matter how much I learn, there is always someone who knows more than I do. So I watch and listen...and take notes to apply that learning. One of the best ways to do this is to work with a network of writers, whether within a formal writing organization or simply as part of an informal group of authors who band together to share ideas and knowledge. Because helping others succeed helps all of us.
 
 
 

 
I was blessed a year ago when I was invited to join with a group of six other authors to produce The Potter's House, a collection of stories with themes of hope, second chances, and redemption. Had I realized just how little I knew about the world of publishing back then, I might have run from the invitation. Instead, I strapped in and joined the ride. Along the way I have watched, listened, and learned from those who are much more experienced and knowledgeable, but also eager to assist.
 
Authors are a friendly lot. They are happy to help one another and to share ideas. I am honored to be part of a profession where helping others actually makes all of us stronger and better.
 

~~~~~

 
When Brianna Caufield hosts an online auction to raise money for her fledgling youth center, the last thing she expects is to be matched for a date with Jackson Reed. Lured by the fame of an NFL career, the hometown hero and all-star quarterback broke off their engagement without so much as a backward glance. Now, washed-up and wiser, Jack’s come home with renewed faith and a changed heart—and he wants Brianna back.
 
No matter how much she still cares for Jackson, Brianna knows the secret she harbors will destroy any chance of a future together. Can Jack find a way to coax the secret to the surface? And if he does, will forgiveness draw them closer together…or will their love be shattered forever?
 
~~~~~
 
 
Mary Manners is a country girl at heart who has spent a lifetime sharing her joy of writing. She has two sons, a daughter, and three beautiful grandchildren. She lives in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee with her husband Tim and their rescue dog Axel, two rescue cats, Colby and Jax, 12 chickens and 13 fish.
Mary writes stories full of faith and hope. Her books have earned multiple accolades including two Inspirational Reader’s Choice Awards, the Gail Wilson Award of Excellence, the Aspen Gold, the Heart of Excellence, and the National Excellence in Romance Fiction Award.
Mary loves long sunrise runs, Smoky Mountain sunsets, and flavored coffee. She enjoys connecting with reader friends through her website: www.MaryMannersRomance.com.