Thursday, October 29, 2020

Changing Seasons by Sharee Stover

I love autumn. Everything about the season appeals to me, from the beautiful rich colors in the changing leaves and the crisp air to wearing fuzzy warm sweaters. And of course, pumpkin spice in abundance. There’s something so defining about the change from summer to autumn, a definite turning of the page so to speak.

But it never seems to last long enough. Before I’ve had a chance to enjoy the gorgeous morphing landscape, the leaves have fallen off the trees leaving bare branches for winter’s arrival. When October ends, I feel as though someone hit the fast-forward button. November and December just seem to whiz by. Or maybe it’s that I’m not prepared for the rush of the holidays.

I plan. Don’t get me wrong, but I can’t catch up.

Alas, autumn was cut especially short in my neck of the woods thanks to an early snowstorm. The leaves hadn’t even finished falling off the trees before the artic blast came through, covering everything in a blanket of white.

As a Colorado native, snow isn’t new to me and I appreciate the beauty of winter too, but I wanted autumn to last a little longer. I’m not a go with the flow kind of person. I’d like to be. Spontaneous too. But I’m a pre-planning control freak to the nth degree. And change is not something I do well, unless I have something fun to move to. Letting go of one thing because I’m looking forward to the next makes change not so bad. 

The one upside to the early snowfall is the ambiance it brings and the realization the holidays are fast approaching. Now that alone sends some folks fleeing and screaming from the building while others are pulling out their Christmas music playlists. I’m somewhere in between. This year I’m choosing to embrace the holiday groove.

There’s no shortage of holiday music, movies, television shows, decorations, food, and parties to put us in the festive mood. And it’s never too early to start reading Christmas books, right? I hope you said yes, because I can’t wait for my November release, Grave Christmas Secrets! I write romantic suspense and what’s better than putting my poor characters into situations where they’re running for their lives, trying to solve a mystery, and doing it all before Christmas!

Are you the type of person who counts down the number of shopping days until Christmas? Or are you ba-hum-bugging your way through the holidays? Do you love Christmas books or avoid them?

No judgement here!

Grab a cup of pumpkin spice coffee and let’s talk!


Do you love Christmas books or avoid them? via @shareestover #SeriouslyWrite


~~~~~~


Colorado native Sharee Stover lives in Nebraska with her real-life-hero husband, three too-good-to-be-true children, and a ridiculously spoiled dog. A self-proclaimed word nerd, she loves the power of the written word to ignite, transform, and restore. She writes Christian romantic suspense combining heart-racing, nail-biting suspense and the delight of falling in love all in one. She is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers, Sisters in Crime, and Nebraska Writer’s Guild. Sharee is a triple Daphne du Maurier finalist, winner of the 2017 Wisconsin Fabulous Five Silver Quill Award, and her debut, Secret Past, won Best First Book in the 2019 National Excellence in Romance Fiction Awards. When she isn’t writing, Sharee enjoys reading, crocheting and long walks with her obnoxiously lovable German Shepherd. Visit her at www.shareestover.com. 

Social media and buy links: 

Website: https://shareestover.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/shareestover

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorshareestover/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shareestover/

Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/sharee-stover

Buy link for Grave Christmas Secrets: https://amzn.to/2Wbyyn5

Amazon Author Page: https://amazon.com/author/shareestover

 

Grave Christmas Secrets 

Discovering buried evidence makes her a target.

At a prehistoric site, forensic anthropologist Taya McGill uncovers a recently buried body days
before Christmas—and finds herself in a killer’s sights. Now on the run with undercover ATF agent Keegan Stryker, she must rely on him to guard her as they figure out why someone would kill to keep this murder unsolved. But can they unearth the truth before someone silences them both for good?