Thursday, November 21, 2019

Things I'm Thankful For by Terri Weldon

On Thursday, November 28th, Americans will sit down at their tables and have a wonderful meal with family and friends as we celebrate Thanksgiving.

Since Seriously Write will be closed I thought I’d share a few of the writing things I’m thankful for with you today.

1. The Gift of Writing – I’m so thankful God has blessed me with the gift of writing. Penning stories may be overwhelming at times but it is a true joy.

2. My Sister – she also happens to be my number one fan and encourager. At times she is also my harshest critic. I’m thankful for her encouragement and honesty.

3. Writing Friends – it’s a blessing to have friends who understand what it means to be a writer. Friends who don’t blink an eye when you ask for a way to murder someone that starts with a T. Instead they start brainstorming with you!

4. A Mentor – I’ve been blessed to be mentored by an extremely talented author who has helped me improve my writing.

And last, but not least

5. Seriously Write – I’m blessed to be a part of a wonderful blog. The four women, Annette Irby, Mary Felkins, Sandra Ardoin, and Dawn Kinzer, who host on the other days of the week are talented, fun, and such a blessing. Another Seriously Write blessing is my two regular contributors, Sally Shupe and Patti Jo Moore. Life is so much nicer since they’ve joined the Thursday team!

What writing things are you thankful for? I’d love to hear all about them.

Amazon Link
A Match Made In Sheffield (The Matchmakers)

Natalie Benton bounced from one foster home to another until she landed on Ellie Alexander’s doorstep. Natalie’s vagabond childhood caused her to yearn for a secure life, which led to Natalie’s five-year plan: complete her law degree, marry the perfect man, become a partner at Montgomery, Haynes, and Preston, and produce one child. Getting arrested wasn’t in Natalie’s plan. Needing a public defender wasn’t in her plan. Falling for Grady Hunter, her public defender, definitely wasn’t in her plan. Can Grady convince Natalie there is more to life than her five-year plan? Is Ellie the only one who sees a future for Natalie and Grady?

Terri Weldon feels blessed to be a full time writer. She enjoys traveling, reading, and shopping for shoes. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction. She lives with her family in the Heartland of the United States. Terri has two adorable Westies – Crosby and Nolly Grace. Terri is a member of ACFW and RWA.