Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Few Things I’m Thankful For by Terri Weldon

Since today is the last day of November I thought it would be the perfect time to reflect on what I’m thankful for.

This year I had the opportunity to meet and engage with an entirely new group of talented authors on a daily basis. These women are such encouragers. I’ve enjoyed sharing every facet of the journey with them. I’m so thankful for the opportunity to get to know these sisters better. 

As I sit in my office counting the days until I can retire, I realize I’ve got a good job. It has provided for me well, I have a great group of co-workers, and for the most part I’ve enjoyed my time working there. Plus I can retire in nine months!

In April my novella, The Christmas Bride Wore Boots, won Best Novella in the 2016 Lyra Contest. I’m still thrilled! 

I had the opportunity to contribute to an anthology, The Matchmakers, with Jean C. Gordon and Lisa Belcastro. Writing A Match Made in Sheffield was such fun. The best part was working with Jean and Lisa!

Seriously Write! Working with Annette, Angie, Dawn, and Sandy is a joy. These four women have such a strong faith. They are always willing to help out whenever and however they can. Plus, they’re always there to offer prayer when it is needed.

I have two writing buds who are also two of my best friends. Notice a theme here? Authors are amazing people! They encourage me in my writing journey, pray for me daily, and talk me off the ledge. They are so steadfast and talented. Their dedication to the craft drives me to do better and accomplish more. 

I’m thankful for my earthly sister. She means the world to me and encourages me in pursuing my writing. She truly believe in my abilities and in her mind my books are the best books ever written. She prays for me, encourages me, and harasses me when necessary (which is more often then I like to admit).

And the number one thing I’m thankful for is the saving grace of Jesus Christ. The author and finisher of me and you. I pray you know Him as your savior. And if you don’t, I encourage you to find out more about Jesus. He loves you – more than you or I will ever understand. 

What about you? What things are you thankful for today?

Pastor Jacob Thompson is in need of a director for the living nativity program and veterinarian Molly Kincaid offers to take on the job. The task involves far more than Molly bargained for, nonetheless she’d do anything to help out the man she secretly loves – even sew costumes or cast eight-year-old Wesley Simpson as an angel. Jacob’s daughter Emma longs to have a mommy of her own, but the widowed pastor has vowed to never remarry, and isn’t ready to open his heart to love again. Molly dreams of filling the void in both their lives, but fears she lacks the necessary qualities to be a pastor’s wife.  As Molly and Jacob work together on the living nativity, their feelings for one another grow. Will Molly realize she is just what Jacob and Emma need in their lives? Can Jacob be released from his grief stricken promise? Could this unlikely duo prove to be a match made in heaven?
Amazon Buy Link

Terri Weldon is a lead analyst by day and an award winning author by night. Her novella The Christmas Bride Wore Boots won the best novella category in the 2016 Lyra Awards. She enjoys traveling, gardening, reading, spending time with her family, and shopping for shoes. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction. She lives with her family in the Heartland of the United States. Terri has two adorable Westies – Crosby and Nolly Grace. Terri is a member of ACFW and RWA. She is a member of the Seriously Write Team (www.seriouslywrite.blogspot.com). Readers can connect with Terri at www.terriweldon.com