Monday, September 21, 2015

Genealogy of Faith - A Life Story by Marianne Evans

Marianne Evans
The genealogy of my faith life begins, like most people, at the feet of my mom and dad. They raised me to embrace my faith, but make it an individual, personal matter. They didn’t spoon-feed me doctrine or theology. Instead, they led by example, showing me integrity, heart, service and love in all that they do. Nothing was forced on me; I was expected to decide upon and embrace spiritual matters on my own.

When I married, my husband became an integral part of my genealogy of faith. I’ve spent considerable time over the last few months re-reading precious letters and cards we’ve exchanged over the years, and from the very beginning, when we were dating and freshly landed in that romantic world of falling in love, one thing stood firm in our relationship. God. Trust in His plan and provision. Even in the darkest of times, we learned to lean on that faith and trust Him.

When I married Steve, I married into the most remarkable and wonderful family. I’m the baby of my family, and the only girl, so I was both thrilled and intimidated by the prospect of gaining a sister-in-law. Mary is the lone sister in Steve’s family, the middle-child in a family that claims six brothers. She’s my mentor, one of my very best friends. Long ago, we attended a Christian retreat in the stunning mountains of Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Our sister-in-law, Kathy accompanied, and from that moment on, we became sisters in the truest sense of the word, bound by passionate ministries (Kathy and her husband John are missionaries to Honduras, Mary conducts Spirit-led programs that feature Scripture, music and her gifts as an artist).

From there, the story continues. Steve and I have done our best to follow God’s lead when it comes to sharing that legacy with our children. Like our parents before us, and those we’ve enjoined during the course of our lives, we trust God. We preach with words, but we preach more with our lives and how we live out our faith and convictions. We know He has them in the palm of His hand, even when we question and doubt and watch them go through their own battles and anxieties.

We’re born with a fundamental and life-long need for God, but we need to be guided along that pathway by those who have walked it before us. I’m grateful for the way that truth has come to life for me as I move from one season of my life to the next. Who are your spiritual mentors? Who has guided you along the way toward embracing a life governed by faith? Take a moment to consider their impact.

And thank them.
~~~~~
Click to Tweet!

Thank your mentor!
Who inspires your journey of faith?

~~~~~




Aiden Balfour has always craved stability, independence and security. He’s led a rocky life but always treasured his summers in Northern Michigan with his best summertime friend, Olivia Masters.

Olivia is dedicated to preserving the life she’s known and always treasured at her grandparent’s home high on a bluff overlooking the pristine waters of Avalon. With their blessing, she’s turned the expansive piece of property into a quaint, restful bed and breakfast.

But developers are circling—and they’re led by none other than Aiden Balfour.

Now an ambitious businessman, he’s determined to turn the lake into a tourist mecca. A successful business owner, Olivia is equally determined to stop him...no matter what his hold on her heart.

Can the innocent joy and love of their youth be reclaimed? Can Then…and now…ever be reconciled to a future overflowing with love, and hope?

~~~~~

Then & Now is part of the Pure Amore imprint at Pelican Book Group. Pure Amore is a ‘book of the month’ subscription service featuring Christian romances centered on the concept of pre-marital purity and abstinence that doesn’t surrender one moment of the thrill to be found when two people fall in love. Check out Then & Now and the other wonderful Pure Amore titles at Pelican Book Group.

~~~~~

Marianne Evans is a multi-award-winning author of Christian romance and fiction with over twenty titles to her credit. Her hope is to spread the faith-affirming message of God’s love through the stories He prompts her to create.

Happily married and the mother of two, Marianne is a lifelong resident of Michigan who is active in a number of Romance Writers of America chapters, most notably the Greater Detroit Chapter where she served two terms as President.

Connect with Marianne:

Website ~ Blog ~ Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Amazon ~ Pinterest