Thursday, August 14, 2014

Rejection by Terri Weldon

Terri Weldon
An author’s life is tough. We plot, work, and pour our hearts out onto the page. Still, we often face the sting of rejection. I’ll tell you something that I’d flat prefer to keep to myself. I’ve been rejected more times this year than any other in my writing journey.

I’ve heard many authors say you get used to it or you develop a tough skin. Both of those statements are true – in a sense. Don’t get me wrong, I had my pity party after every rejection. Each time I gave myself the usual pep talk, listened to friends as they tried to boost my morale, and forged ahead to the next project. However, one “thanks, but no thanks” hit me particularly hard. My pity party lasted a little longer than normal and it took an entire afternoon off work commiserating with friends to move forward. Not to mention all the conversations I put my longsuffering sister through. Thankfully I have a great support system, which for an author, is invaluable.

I’ve given up the pity party circuit (I hope) and now I’m working on honing my craft. Looking at the invaluable feedback I received from editors and trying to make sure I don’t make those same mistakes again. Will I succeed? I hope so, but I’m sure I’ll have my relapses. And I’m sure the good Lord had a reason I’ve walked this path. Part of it I’m beginning to understand and part of it I may never understand. That part I’ll just take on faith, because regardless of how I feel, when or what I understand, His ways are far better than my ways.

Rejection is part of the journey. The hard part. I may not like it, but I can accept it. Still, I could use a leg up, so how about sharing with me. Have you ever been rejected? If not, I applaud you. If so, how did you handle it?
****
Purchase Link
Misty Winslow is determined to find her prince, and she meets the man of her dreams through an Internet dating service. Or is he, because the new dentist in town also sets her heart aflutter.

It's love at first sight for Tyler Davenport, but before he can finish his first root canal, Misty is involved in an exclusive online romance with Wes99—Tyler’s online persona. How can he tell her he’s the man she’s been waiting to meet, and how rational is it for him to be jealous of Wes99! Soon Tyler's pulling out all the stops to woo Misty.

As Christmas approaches, Wes99 and Tyler both ask her to meet them under the mistletoe. Which man will she choose?

Terri is a lead analyst by day and an author by night. She enjoys gardening, reading, and playing in the hand bell choir. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction.
She lives with her family in Oklahoma. Terri has three dogs – a lovable mutt and two adorable Westies.

Terri is a member of ACFW and OCFW, a local chapter of ACFW. Her dream of becoming a published novelist came true in November 2013 when Mistletoe Magic, released from White Rose Publishing. To learn more about Terri visit her website at www.TerriWeldon.com.