Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Grammar-O Wednesday


Hey everyone, Annette here. Welcome to Grammar-O Wednesday. The following sentences have grammatical errors (spelling, punctuation, word choice, etc.). Your assignment is to catch all the errors. Try not to look at the answers below. Have fun!
~~~~

Im by no means a perfect editor. Who is? I no of some editors who evan list on their Web sites that they are imperfect. we’re human. Even editors make misteaks.

Their’s a word game I enjoy which helps me really analize words. And I discover new words, too. Like lodes. Who new? Loads, I’d heard of. But not lodes, until recently.

Sometimes as an editor I’ve guessed wrong. Yardwork isn’t one word. But back yard is. At our McCrit group, I miss my wordprocessing program because I rely on it to help me know if the two words should be one.

Last time I guested on Grammar-O day, I wined about the whether. Guess what? We’re still in the 40s here most days. I know I’m not the only won praying for warmer temps, with plenty of sunshine. Bring. It. On.

~~~~~

Answers: 

I’m by no means a perfect editor. Who is? I know of some editors who even list on their websites that they are imperfect. We’re human. Even editors make mistakes.

There’s a word game I enjoy which helps me really analyze words. And I discover new words too. Like lodes. Who knew? I’d heard of loads, but not lodes. Until recently.

Sometimes as an editor, I’ve guessed wrong. Yard work isn’t one word. But backyard is. At our McCrit group, I miss my word-processing program because I rely on it to help me know if the two words should be one.

Last time I guested on Grammar-O day, I whined about the weather. Guess what? We’re still in the forties here most days. I know I’m not the only one praying for warmer temps, with plenty of sunshine. Bring. It. On. (Note: Guested is a slang term. You get a point if you marked it incorrect and you get a point if you didn’t. I took a little license there. *smile*

I use the Chicago Manual of Style as a my reference. And see line number one. I'm not perfect. *smile*