Thursday, November 15, 2018

Writer Under Construction by Terri Weldon

Today’s post is a little out of the norm. Right now my office looks like a construction zone. And let me tell you, it’s not conducive to writing - at least not for this writer. My computer isn’t hooked up and unlike so many authors I actually use a desktop computer. 

I somehow connected the router and modem, hope I’m even calling them the right things, up to where the phone isn’t working. Since the phone isn’t required for my internet service I’m not sure how I managed that one. 

Not to mention my desk is covered in books that need placed on bookshelves. 

My plans for a lovely, private, and organized office have gone askew. Believe me, I thought I’d be back in my office by now. I need in that room!

All of this has made me think about how rarely things in life go the way we think they will. I should have factored delays into my schedule and I should have asked for help in reconnecting my internet! lol

Writing is a lot like my office. When you’re working on your book don’t let moments of chaos and confusion overwhelm you. Stay focused and even if it takes longer than you originally planned you’ll finally type THE END.

As for me, I hope to have my dream office soon. Maybe I’ll share a picture or two.

What about you - where is your favorite place to write?

Terri Weldon is a blessed to be a full time author. She enjoys traveling, gardening, reading, and shopping for shoes. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction. She lives with her family in the Heartland of the United States and has two adorable Westies – Crosby and Nolly Grace. Terri is a member of ACFW and OCFW, a local chapter of ACFW. You can connect with Terri at www.terriweldon.com