Thursday, December 11, 2014

What Are You Going To Read In 2015? by Terri Weldon

I adore Christmas books. So while I’m reading Christmas stories and trying to find time to work in a few uninterrupted hours to write, my To Be Read (TBR) shelf is growing. I have some wonderful books on that shelf. Books I’m already making plans to read. Periodically I look longingly towards one and tell myself to hold off until January.

What about you? Do you have a TBR shelf? What book are you looking most forward to reading? I’ll confess, I can’t pick just one! There are too many good ones and more great titles are releasing after the first of the year. I’ll never catch up. But that’s OK, if I thought I’d run out of great books to read, I’d freak! Trust me, not a pretty sight.

The desire and ability to read is an awesome gift from the Lord. Non-readers may not understand that, but if you’re reading this blog I know you do. Don’t forget, Jesus told stories in the form of parables all the time. God is an author.

Is His book on your TBR shelf for 2015? If it isn’t, I encourage you to give it a place of preeminence. If it is, make sure it is the first book you reach for every day. After all, God wrote the greatest story ever told.

Each year I like to read a version of The Bible In A Year. I’ve read numerous translations and layouts over the years. In 2015 I plan on reading the New Living Translation Chronological Bible.

If you’ve never read a chronological version of the Bible I encourage you to do so. It is eye opening to see what prophets go with what kings and what Psalms, if any, are from the same timeframe.

It doesn’t matter whether you choose to read the entire Bible in 2015 or spend more time on an in depth study of a single book, you can’t go wrong reading and studying any part of God’s word.

I hope you’ll leave a comment and let me know what fiction book you’re looking to reading in 2015 and whether you plan on reading the entire Bible or if you have a particular book you plan on studying.

Oh, have yourself a Merry Christmas!

****
Purchase Link
Misty Winslow is determined to find her prince, and she meets the man of her dreams through an Internet dating service. Or is he, because the new dentist in town also sets her heart aflutter.

It's love at first sight for Tyler Davenport, but before he can finish his first root canal, Misty is involved in an exclusive online romance with Wes99—Tyler’s online persona. How can he tell her he’s the man she’s been waiting to meet, and how rational is it for him to be jealous of Wes99! Soon Tyler's pulling out all the stops to woo Misty.

As Christmas approaches, Wes99 and Tyler both ask her to meet them under the mistletoe. Which man will she choose?


Terri Weldon
Terri is a lead analyst by day and an author by night. She enjoys gardening, reading, and playing in the hand bell choir. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction.

She lives with her family in Oklahoma. Terri has three dogs – a lovable mutt and two adorable Westies.


Terri is a member of ACFW and OCFW, a local chapter of ACFW. Her dream of becoming a published novelist came true in November 2013 when Mistletoe Magic, released from White Rose Publishing. To learn more about Terri visit her website at www.TerriWeldon.com.