Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Grammar Quiz Wednesday




Hey everyone, Annette here. It’s Grammar quiz day here at Seriously Write. Your task is to find the mistakes (spelling, punctuation, formatting, grammatical, etc.) in the following paragraphs. You can check your work when you’re finished proofreading by reading below. Have fun!

Grammar Quiz:

I love flowers. Any collar will do. Do you like flours, too? Just surrounding myself lately in hanging planters has really livened up my view. There are a couple more posts on the fence which could use a hanging basket and than I might be able to relax for the season and just tend what’s here.

Spring is such an unstable time of year, weatherwise. My heart goes out to all those who’ve been touched by sever weather lately. I don’t like lightening and thunder, but I especially despize high winds. How about u?

Since none of my tulips came up this year, well, except for the leaves, I decided to buy a bouquet from the store. They’re purple, tall and gorgeous. We’ve concluded it might be the climate here, which, apparently, isn’t very hospitible to tulips. Best advice? Plant new bulbs every year and don’t count on naturalizing.

Answers:

I love flowers. Any color will do. Do you like flowers too? Just surrounding myself lately in hanging planters has really livened up my view. There are a couple more posts on the fence which could use a hanging basket, and then I might be able to relax for the season and just tend what’s here.

Spring is such an unstable time of year, weather wise. My heart goes out to all those who’ve been touched by severe weather lately. I don’t like lightning and thunder, but I especially despise high winds. How about you?

Since none of my tulips came up this yearwell, except for the leavesI decided to buy a bouquet from the store. They’re purple, tall, and gorgeous. We’ve concluded it might be the climate here, which, apparently, isn’t very hospitable to tulips. Best advice: plant new bulbs every year, and don’t count on naturalizing. (note: either way on this last sentence is technically fine)

~~~
I use CMS and Webster’s as my sources. Remember, no editor is perfect. This quiz is just for fun!