Thursday, February 12, 2015

Amore! by Terri Weldon

Terri Weldon
Being a romance writer I’m thrilled to have a chance to post two days before Valentine’s Day. After all, Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year. It evokes images of red roses, chocolates, and love letters. All things you want for your heroine, regardless of the genre you write. In fact, I think our belief in love is one of the reasons we write.

Since we all know the course of true love never runs smoothly in our novels, what would cause our heroines to believe in true love? Parents? Not for my heroine in the book I’m currently editing. Her parents are more interested in money and social status than their daughter. Boyfriend or husband? She doesn’t have one. God? She feels like God turned His back on her the day her sister died.

Enter my hero. A wonderful man with a personal relationship with Jesus who was raised by parents that exemplify true love. He longs to see my heroine develop a relationship with God and then to spend the rest his life loving her. In fact, he’s willing to sacrifice anything, even his job as a homicide detective, to protect her and win her love. Sigh. A happily ever after. Just what readers want. Any editors out there reading this? Um, not that I’d turn any requests down, but please know that was meant as a joke.

Before I bid you farewell, I’ll share with you a quote from my most treasured love letter, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.” ~John 3:16 NKJV

Just think about it, God loves you and me so much that He sacrificed His only Son so that our sins could be forgiven. There is no greater love. I know that’s why I believe in a perfect love and I pray you do too.

Let’s have a mini-brainstorming session. Leave a comment and tell me what your hero is willing to give up to prove his love to your heroine.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

****
Purchase Link
Misty Winslow is determined to find her prince, and she meets the man of her dreams through an Internet dating service. Or is he, because the new dentist in town also sets her heart aflutter.

It's love at first sight for Tyler Davenport, but before he can finish his first root canal, Misty is involved in an exclusive online romance with Wes99—Tyler’s online persona. How can he tell her he’s the man she’s been waiting to meet, and how rational is it for him to be jealous of Wes99! Soon Tyler's pulling out all the stops to woo Misty.

As Christmas approaches, Wes99 and Tyler both ask her to meet them under the mistletoe. Which man will she choose?

Terri is a lead analyst by day and an author by night. She enjoys gardening, reading, and playing in the hand bell choir. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction.

She lives with her family in Oklahoma. Terri has three dogs – a lovable mutt and two adorable Westies.

Terri is a member of ACFW and OCFW, a local chapter of ACFW. Her dream of becoming a published novelist came true in November 2013 when Mistletoe Magic, released from White Rose Publishing. To learn more about Terri visit her website at www.TerriWeldon.com.


14 comments:

  1. My hero is willing to give up the financial backing of his supporters for his lady love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm just now stopping by. Busy day! Money, that's a good one and quite a sacrifice because I'm sure by giving up the financial backing he is also giving up his dream.

      Delete
  2. Great post, Terri! My hero is willing to give up the guards around his heart and face the pain of the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one, Annette. It proves he is willing to move forward.

      Delete
  3. Great question, Terri! I think my hero is willing to give up his pride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving these replies! Pride is something many of us wouldn't be willing to give up.

      Delete
  4. Hi Terri, I so love this post! Good job. I doubt any man would give up his job--it's too big a part of his identity. So it would have to be something inner...maybe his fear of getting his heart broken again after an ex devastated him? Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanya! I'm loving everyone's ideas. Fear of getting his heart broke is a good one. When he puts his heart out there again, well, he proves he is a swoon worthy hero. I think I borrowed that phrase from Julie Lessman. :-)

      Delete
  5. My heroine is a free spirit, but my hero schedules his day to the last minute, so he'll surrender control and time for her. What about your hero, Terri? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, I love it! The control freak and the free spirit. I hope she will take pity on him and not make him give up his orderly existence.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and my hero is willing to give up his job to protect his true love. Hopefully he won't have to.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a writer but as a reader I love a hero willing to give up a dangerous occupation or hobby for the heroine. He's willing to sacrifice for her happiness. But then in true romance style I like it when the heroine changes her mind and won't let him make that sacrifice! Silly - but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Loves to Read, not silly at all. It just goes to prove we want both characters to be willing to sacrifice. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Terri, I best not give away what my hero is willing to sacrifice, but you made me think of something I like to do when I'm listening to a love song. I picture Jesus is the One they're singing about. The words always seem to fit. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your thoughts! Please leave comments. We'll moderate and post them!