Thursday, November 12, 2015

Give Thanks by Terri Weldon

Terri Weldon
The Bible tell us, “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His faithful love continues forever.” While I believe this is something God intends for us to do daily, this time of year as our minds turn to Thanksgiving in the United States we become more focused on the blessings the Lord has given us. Oh, I’m not saying nothing ever goes wrong in life or that there aren’t many things we wish we’d done differently. I know there are countless decisions that if I had to do them over again I would change, but guess what? There is no rewind button in life. Not in our family life, not in our day jobs, and not in our writing life.

Procrastination is a horrible problem for me. Not only in writing, but in everything. Earlier this week I ordered movie tickets and I had to choose a date an entire week later than I planned. Know why? Yep, the big PROCRASTINATION. I let the email telling me about ordering advance tickets sit in my inbox for way too long before acting on it. What’s worse, I had read it. I just waited to follow through. Now obviously that’s a movie so nothing horrible in life is going to happen. Still I can give thanks because I purchased great seats closer to Christmas and it can be holiday fun.

What if that had been a book? Hmm, ramifications would have been a bit worse. I might have missed the window of opportunity all together. Know what’s worse? I’ve done that. Even as I type this, I’m behind where I want to be and should be on some revisions. Anything to give thanks for there? You bet. I was asked for revisions, so the editor saw something in my writing she liked. Also, if I’ll heed my own advice here I can work like a madwoman (don’t knock it until you’ve tried it) and crank these revisions out on my own self-imposed deadline.

Still the thing I’m most thankful for this year is that my sister had a serious surgery and came out just fine and dandy. Now that may seem off topic, but I believe it is a matter of remembering our priorities. Writing, especially writing for the Lord, is a wonderful thing to do. But when all is said and done there is nothing as important as our relationship with our Creator and our families.

So this year when I gather around the table with my family and give thanks for my blessings, writing won’t be my number one priority. Not even my number two. Think what you want about that, but to me the opportunity to spend a day with my best friend and sister tops that hands down. And that is what I’ll be thanking God for.

What about you? What do you plan on giving thanks for on Thanksgiving Day? I hope you’ll share with me. Whatever it is, I pray you and your family will have a blessed day.

****
Purchase Link
Misty Winslow is determined to find her prince, and she meets the man of her dreams through an Internet dating service. Or is he, because the new dentist in town also sets her heart aflutter.

It's love at first sight for Tyler Davenport, but before he can finish his first root canal, Misty is involved in an exclusive online romance with Wes99—Tyler’s online persona. How can he tell her he’s the man she’s been waiting to meet, and how rational is it for him to be jealous of Wes99! Soon Tyler's pulling out all the stops to woo Misty.

As Christmas approaches, Wes99 and Tyler both ask her to meet them under the mistletoe. Which man will she choose?

Terri is a lead analyst by day and an author by night. She enjoys gardening, reading, and playing in the hand bell choir. One of her favorite pastimes is volunteering as the librarian at her church. It allows her to shop for books and spend someone else’s money! Plus, she has the great joy of introducing people to Christian fiction.
She lives with her family in Oklahoma. Terri has three dogs – a lovable mutt and two adorable Westies.


Terri is a member of ACFW and OCFW, a local chapter of ACFW. Her dream of becoming a published novelist came true in November 2013 when Mistletoe Magic released from White Rose Publishing. To learn more about Terri visit her website at www.TerriWeldon.com.