Monday, July 24, 2017

Living the Dream by Mary Manners

 Living the Dream

by Mary Manners
 
 
Tomorrow morning before the sun rises I will board the Megabus to Orlando, Florida for the Romance Writers of America National conference. It has been eleven years since I last had the privilege of attending, and so very much has changed during the course of those years!
 
Eleven years ago I was an unpublished,  aspiring writer with very little idea of how the publishing world worked. I was working a full-time teaching job and raising my daughter. Life was hectic and I stayed up into the wee hours of the night to carve out precious writing time. I heard about RWA and joined, then saw that Nora Roberts was going to be at the conference. I have always loved her writing style, so, with stars in my eyes, I went to meet her. I also met so many friendly, gracious, and helpful aspiring and seasoned writers who shared invaluable information. I learned so much, and was filled with immeasurable hope that I could make my dream of becoming a professional author come true.
 
 

 
Now, as I prepare to return to the conference, I am retired from my day job. With more than fifty published books and novellas under my belt, I am living the dream as a full-time author. But I know there is still so much to learn. I am ready to spend time with my treasured friend and fellow writer Marianne Evans, network with writing friends and industry professionals, and soak up as much information as I possibly can. Who knows what the next eleven years might bring?
 
Onward...to the next adventure!
 

~~~~~
 
 

When a job transfer causes Jenna Palmer’s family to relocate across the country, Jenna moves away from her best friend and first love Carter Stevens. She promises to find him again. But as the years slip away and she dives into a career in pediatric trauma surgery, all that is left of her one time love are the memories—and a wish on the lucky penny Carter gave her.
Carter Stevens never forgot his first love. On their final morning together he gave her a special token along with his promise to love her forever. Though years have passed as he’s climbed the ranks of the Maple Ridge Police Department, he still longs for another glimpse of the smiling, green-eyed beauty who stole his heart and shared his love of adventure.
An accident brings the pair together once again, and memories and reality collide. Can their promise stand, or will time crush their promise…and their love?
~~~~~
MARY MANNERS is an award-winning author who has spent a lifetime exploring her joy of writing.  A former teacher and intermediate school principal, Mary spent three decades sharing her love of learning. While growing up in Chicago Mary worked a variety of jobs including paper girl, figure skating instructor, pizza chef, lifeguard, and nanny. Many of these enriching and challenging experiences led to adventures that add a touch of humor to her stories. Mary loves long sunrise runs, ocean sunsets, and flavored coffee.
 
Connect with Mary at her website: www.MaryMannersRomance.com. “Like” her author page on Facebook and follow her on Twitter.