Monday, September 19, 2016

People of Faith by Marianne Evans

Marianne Evans
He said to them, “Come, follow me. I will make you fishers of men.”
Matthew 4:19

I received cover art recently for a series I’m creating called The Fishermen of Antioch. I’ll share the covers when release dates draw near. The reason I mention this is the covers and series reflect a close-knit, faith-filled family. That made me think about my own story of faith, my own ‘fishermen(women)’—the ones I call my mentors. The ones I look to for inspiration, motivation, guidance and even a shoulder to lean on.

My husband, Steve, tops the list. He. Is. Selfless. When someone’s in trouble, he’s there to help. When someone needs a caring listener, he’s there. He never bothers with second guesses or thoughts of doing anything else. He encourages me daily, and backs up that encouragement with ready support and action. He’s loving and strong, a Christian husband in the best sense of the word. Is he perfect? No. Not by yards, and I’m not either. The beauty of that truth is, Steve has never expected perfection of me, just love. To me, that’s a model of Christ.

Next is my brother-in-law, Marvin Evans. Marvin doesn’t just ‘talk-the-talk’ of being a Christian, he walks-the-walk. I’ll never forget my son’s wedding day, when a guest departed the ceremony only to discover the inconvenience of a flat tire. Without missing a beat, Marvin peeled off his suit coat and went to work. Dress slacks and all, he knelt on the pavement right there in the church parking lot, and changed their tire for them. Thing is, Marvin didn’t know these people. This wasn’t his family—they were strangers—but they were in need. This is the kind of thing Marvin has done repeatedly, for countless people. Again, what a model of Christ.

If you frequent Seriously Write, you’ve probably heard me talk about my sisters, Mary Hilger and Kathy Evans. Mary is a Christian artist (please do yourself a favor and check out her website: www.spiritualhands.org ) so we have that creative ‘gene’ in common. Kathy is a retired teacher, a loving soul who truly listens to what people have to say. She doesn’t listen to reply, she listens to hear your heart. The three of us dropped the term ‘in-law’ from our monikers long ago because we’re sisters, by choice and by experience. We found our faith paths together on a mountain top in Eureka Springs, Arkansas decades ago and never looked back. We pray together, we share our best, and we share our worst, and in that sharing, in that bond, I find Christ. They’re bold, smart, funny, and so giving. God blesses me abundantly with their rock-like support and faith-filled encouragement.

Who are your mentors? Who brings Jesus to life in your world? Who do you rely on for guidance and love and support? Whoever those people are, give them your thanks...and encouragement!
~~~~~


Country music bad boy Chase Bradington is on the comeback trail. Fresh from rehab for alcohol addiction, and transformed by the power of Christ, Chase is battling to rediscover the music he loves and a career he nearly ruined. Then he meets up and comer, Pyper Brock, and instantly sparks ignite.
Pyper knows of Chase’s reputation, so despite a rampant attraction to the handsome and talented icon, she soundly dismisses his romantic overtures. Decades ago, her father, in a drunken rage, tossed her and her mother onto the streets. No way will Pyper make the mistake of falling for a man whose done battle with the bottle.
What happens when Chase’s quest to win Pyper’s love breaks down chains of resentment and eases the long buried wounds of her childhood? And what happens when Pypers father shows up in Nashville, clean, sober and seeking a chance to apologize?
Can Pyper follow a pathway to peace when it comes to her father? Can she fully trust Chase? Above all, can a sin damaged past be released in favor of forgiveness?

Releasing 11/1/2016 ~ Available for pre-order now at Amazon.com in PRINT and E-BOOK formats
~~~~~
Marianne Evans is an award-winning author of Christian romance and fiction. Her hope is to spread the faith-affirming message of God’s love through the stories He prompts her to create. Devotion, earned the Bookseller’s Best Award as well as the Heart of Excellence Award. Hearts Communion earned a win for Best Romance from the Christian Small Publisher's Association. She is also a two-time recipient of the Selah Award, Then & Now for Best Contemporary Romance and Finding Home for Best Novella. Marianne is a lifelong resident of Michigan and an active member of Romance Writers of America, most notably the Greater Detroit Chapter where she served two terms as President.