Friday, October 16, 2015

A Blessing in Disguise by Dana Arcuri



Dana Arcuri

I’m always intrigued by people’s personal journeys to publication. Each author’s experiences are unique. For Dana Arcuri, they included a few detours and struggles with her health before she felt confident that God was calling her to a writing ministry. Enjoy her story. ~ Dawn


A Blessing in Disguise

From the time I was 11 years old, I had a dream of being an author. In childlike wonder, I believed my dream was possible, especially when my teacher complemented my writing and said that I had a special gift. This led me to major in journalism at college, but in dismay I came to a fork in the road when I decided that I should write as a hobby, instead of professionally.

Packing my bags, I dropped out of college to pursue cosmetology school in which I became a licensed beauty expert specializing in makeup artistry, esthetic skin care, and hairstyling. For the next 20 years, I juggled marriage, raising three children, and volunteering at church with the job that I loved. In the back of my mind, I yearned for quieter days when I enjoyed crafting stories and expressing myself through writing. Yet who had time for weaving tales when life was racing at the speed of lightening?

It was not until 2008, when I was battling severe physical pain and diagnosed with fibromyalgia that I questioned my purpose in life. Due to chronic flare ups and the inability to stand long hours, I was forced to resign from the beauty industry. In the midst of this horrific trial, I questioned how anything good could come out of my negative situation. Feeling helpless, I prayed. I cried. I pleaded for God's provision.

Within a month of being home full-time, I sensed God calling me to a writing ministry. Out of nowhere, the words and ideas began to flow. It was as if the gates of heaven opened up to shower me with inspiration and favor. What began as a writing ministry to reach out to women from all walks of life to provide encouragement, hope, and healing, turned into my passionate purpose. It gave me a reason to carry on even on the tough days when I could barely crawl out of bed.

The pathway to publication wasn't quick, nor was it easy. In reality, the Lord used my weakest, darkest moment to lead me to publication to reveal His strength is sufficient. As I ponder how God took a childhood dream and brought it to fruition 40+ years later, I view my chronic pain with a new perspective. Had it not been for my fibromyalgia, I never would have left the beauty industry. Had I not resigned from the job that I loved, I never would have tapped into my writing passion. Had I not tapped into my passion for writing, I would not have become the published author who I am today.

So you see, God can use anything, including suffering and pain, to lead you to write your first book. Never doubt that if He calls you to it, He will equip you through it. Ultimately, He can turn your rock bottom moment into a blessing in disguise.





Dana’s soon-to-be-released book …

Reinventing You! Simple Steps to Transform Your Body, Mind, & Spirit

Each new year, do you dedicate yourself to getting healthy and fit only to find yourself getting stuck? Real life happens. Disappointments. Losses. Sickness. Mounting Stress. Hormonal havoc. Call it crazy, but how many of us fall into this trap year after year? In order to flourish, we must first become self-aware. Our health, our mind, our emotions, and our thoughts as well as our attitudes and state of our souls.

You see, when God created us, He marvelously wove every cell together with our body, emotions, and spirit at the core of our being. He designed us to be whole with abundant life. Join me on a journey toward vibrant health; physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Learn simple steps to transform yourself from surviving to thriving! 

Discover how to:

  • Reclaim your self-confidence and self-worth
  • Make peace with your body and food
  • Revive your weary soul
  • Explore whole nutrition and natural options
  • Manage roller coaster emotions
  • Tap into your divine purpose
  • Embrace your imperfect, beautiful self
  • Unleash the new, improved YOU

Check out her Amazon Author Page to learn more.


Dana Arcuri is a captivating author, speaker, and wellness coach who delivers a powerful message on healing, health, and hope. In her upcoming book, Reinventing You! Simple Steps to Transform Your Body, Mind, & Spirit, she equips, educates, and empowers women to take back control of their lives to thrive. Her 50-Day Devotional, Harvest of Hope, published in November 2014, she encourages women to draw closer to God as they move forward in faith to apply what they learn. Her memoir, Harvest of Hope: Living Victoriously Through Adversity, was published in December 2013. In addition, she's a contributing author for Inspired Women Succeed, published in May 2011 and has been a guest writer on countless websites.

Connect with Dana …

Writing website: http://www.danaarcuri.com/
Facebook author page at https://www.facebook.com/DanaArcuri