Welcome to Fortifying Friday, a day we usually feature guest authors. We invite them to share their personal journeys to publication or words of encouragement to take with us through the weekend. But we’re going to do something different today.
None of us takes this writing journey alone. Do you believe that? We're traveling the road together. So this Fortifying Friday, we’re focusing on encouraging and praying for each other.
Next month, you may be attending the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) conference in Dallas, Texas. If not that conference, maybe you—or someone you know—plans to attend another in the coming months. It’s exciting to attend workshops, meet other writers, and even pitch your novel to an editor or agent. But it can also be an intimating, stressful, and overwhelming experience.
Some of you may not have the funds to attend a conference. You may find it difficult to find the time or motivation to write. Things going on in your personal life may hinder your creativity.
Maybe things are falling into place for you personally, but you know someone else who is struggling.
Would you do one or more of the following things over the coming week to encourage your fellow writers? A few minutes of your time could provide amazing blessings!
Encourage or pray for those who are:
1) Attending conferences in the near future
2) Stressed about deadlines
3) Struggling through a personal or family crisis
4) Finding it difficult to financially make ends meet
5) Trying to meet their family’s needs
6) Feeling defeated and discouraged
7) Suffering through any illness, whether slight or serious
8) Searching for ideas as they sit in front of a blank computer screen
9) Desiring a spouse’s and/or family’s support
10) Feeling spiritually dry
11) Seeking community with other writers
12) Needing to feel energized and inspired to write
If you need encouragement, or would like prayer for yourself or someone else, please leave a comment. You don’t have to be specific. God knows your heart.
Blessings to you, dear writing friends!