Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Reassurance

Reassurance
Net's Notation Tuesdays
Refreshed by God Series

Have you ever wondered if you were on the right road as a writer? I watched the awards ceremony blog feed for ACFW this last weekend with a touch of sadness. I hated missing conference, but it wasn’t meant to be this year. I remember sitting there at the awards banquet many times over the years. I remember the anticipation in the air and the joy. The electricity. This year as I read the blog feed, I wondered “Where do I fit here now?”

I took a break from conference this year due to finances. So, it’s not as if I’m bowing out of the field. *smile* In fact, I’m moving in a different direction as an editor, so I’m really not leaving the field.

And I’ve been writing lately, too, with ACFW’s Novel Track: Writing challenge (which I hope to participate in again in October). But I don’t have a second book published. I feel like I’ve been working hard and learning and growing and things are changing, but the things I’d like to see happen, aren’t. (sometimes)

Can you relate with that?

So, I need God’s reassurance. I need Him to come along and remind me I’m on His journey, not the one I’d design for myself (which, by the way, wouldn’t include even a drop of the wisdom God’s design does).

The great part, though, is I’m still meeting fantastic writers and learning the craft and growing in the field. God’s given me fantastic friends and learning ops. I’m very grateful for all of it!

Sometimes the best assurance comes from counting one’s blessings. Can I hear an AMEN? *grin*

I know this: God is my source for assurance and reassurance, for affirmation and reaffirmation. He will see me through to wherever He wants me.

And that’s all the reassurance I need. How about you? How has God reassured you lately?