Thursday, March 18, 2010

Be Confident in Christ

Thursdays - Devotions for Writers

“. . . because God has said,
‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’
So we say with confidence,
‘The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?’”
(Hebrews 13:5 NIV)

Over-the- top confidence that comes across as arrogance is not very attractive. We might not even want to associate with the person who exhibits cockiness. It’s intimidating, unsettling, and just plain doesn’t feel good.

While we need to control our egos, we also need to be careful that we don’t go to the other extreme out of fear that we have nothing to offer.

Have you ever said or thought the following?

“I’ll never be as good as . . .”

"My manuscript stinks!"

“Will anyone even want to read this?”

“What if the next book bombs?”

“Who am I trying to fool? I can’t write!”

"I give up. I can't do this!"

Those lines are a bit humorous, if you really think about them. But reality is . . . if we haven’t said those exact words, we’ve probably at least thought something similar.

Satan would love to bring fear into your life and steal your confidence. Don’t let him! Don’t let insecurities and past failures threaten your confidence. God is with you. He’s on your side. And He will never leave you!

God created you for great things. And He gave you the passion and desire to write. That means something! But you will only see the fulfillment of His plan if you place your trust in Him.

God is able – even when you’re not. Be confident in Christ!
Be confident in what He can do through you.
And even despite you. ;-D

Dawn